In 1872 Menyhért Lónyay, minister of finance and landowner built for himself a double-storied summer cottage in this area of oak. His friends were amazed to see the beautiful area. They would have liked to build in this romantic and deserted area but finally gave up this idea due to traffic difficulties. However, the railway line of Cegléd ran alongside the forest of oak, only the railway station was missing.
Menyhért Lónyay granted free estates to the railway company to build a railway station, and in the end he achieved that the station under the name of Puszta-Szentlőrinc-Nyaraló be built in 1875. in 1877 16 mansions were already built on the estates. He also achieved his goal with the express trains’ stopping at the station too.
The first station was relatively small but it was developed into a head station after the civil parish got its independent status. The building was made according to the typical pattern plans of the era and followed the principle of the eclectic architecture. Besides the waiting room and the service rooms 2 lodgings also belonged to it. A canopy with ornate joints standing on studs was built and the same woodwork was used to make the gutter as well. The design of the indoor area is simple. The building went under several reconstruction. During the last renovation the studs were strenghtened by being concreted around and this unprofessional solution led to rot. A plaque was placed in 1997 on the side of the platform informing people that the first railway station of the district was built here.