Imre Buczkó – painter – graphic artist – art writer
Akvarellel, pasztellel és olajjal festek; kép- és reklámgrafikákat készítek. A festésen kívül művészeti írásaim ismertek.
(MSZP-PM, 15. single member constituency)
Somogyi László (1990) Kondor Béla (1993) Bókay Árpád dr. (1996) Nemcsics Antal dr. (1997) The creator of chromodynamics. dr. Széky Endre (1998) Báró Eötvös Loránd (1999) Deák Ferenc (Bamba) (2000) Hungarian top scoreer a multiple times, member of the national team. Hartai Sándor (2001) Dedeó Gyula (2002) Komlós Juci (2004) Tóth Nándor (2005) Papp József(2006) Békéssy Sándor (2007) Iharos Sándor (2008) dr. Krepuska Géza (2008) Dr. Katona Béla (2009) Kuhár Ernő (2009)
Tekes Sándorné (2010) Kurdi Gyula (2011) Muraközy Tibor (2011) dr. Prokopp Sándor (2012) Járainé dr. Bődi Gyöngyi the headmaster of the Vörösmarty Music and Language Primary and High School (2014) Dr. Juhos Adrienne orvos (2014), v. Vitéz József posthomous (2015)
Tóth Nándor (1992) Dien Gizella (1996) Járomi Mónika (1996) Tekes Sándorné (1996) Tomory Lajos (1996, 1997) Grünwald Mária (1997), dr. Téglás Tivadar (1997) dr. Téglás Tivadarné (1997) Szász János (1997) Buczkó Imre (1998) dr. Tancsik Rudolf (1998) László Józsefné (1999) dr. Bábosik Istvánné (2000) Kiss Ferencné (2000) Knizner Béla (2001) Pilhoffer Ferenc (2001) dr. Fónyad László (2002) Városüzemeltető Kht. (2002) Dalotti Tibor (2003) Pándi Tamás (2003) Dufek Jánosné (2004) Járainé Bődi Györgyi (2004) Kurdi Gyula (2005) Horváth Gábor (2005) Rózsavölgyiné Tomonyák Gitta (2006) Bujdosó István (2006) Tébláb Táncművészeti Iskola (2006) Magyar Márta (2007) id. Mohai László (2007) Varga István (2007) Dr. Maitz László (2008) Nazarjan Hamlet (2008) Zatik József (2008) Kálmán Katalin (2009) Szili Sándor (2009) Dr. Feitl István (2010) Iváncsics Géza (2010) Zila László (2010) Cselovszki Jenő (2011)
Fazekas László (2012) Botafogo Táncegyüttes (2012)Kiss László (2014) Dr. Mayer Lajos (2014), Chochol Károly (2015), Horváth Béla (2015)
Mánits Lászlóné (1996) Kiss Ferencné (1996) Dr. Szállási János (1996) Dr. Csermely László (1998) Czibere Károlyné (1998) Kőfalvi Pál (1998) Móró Lajos (1998) Csontos Józsefné (1999) Dr. Dora Péter (1999) Dr. Mucsi Margit (1999) Szabó Miklósné (1999) Dr. Szebényi Attila (1999) Dr. Szilvay Gézáné (1999) Dr. Fazekas István (2000) Haigl Béláné (2000) Dr. Kocsis László (2000) Sárosiné Kozma Kamilla (2000) Varga Endréné (2000) Dr. Wiedemann István (2000) Digonné Kovács Ágnes (2001) Dr. Juhos Adrianne (2001) dr. Maitz László (2001) Metzné Ördög Aranka (2001) Dr. Sury Gabriella (2001) Community of Napsugár Nursery (2001) Dr. Sallay Éva (2002) Csapó Lajosné (2002) Temesvári Jánosné (2002) Dr. Horváth Csilla (2002) Juhászné Bojtay Adél (2002) Osgyáni Piroska (2003) Doglioni Tamásné (2003) Monostori László (2003) Palusin Józsefné (2003) Tóth Imréné (2003) Varga Jánosné (2003) Balogh Györgyné (2004) Dr. Findt Mária (2004) Hétszínvirág Nursery (2004) Mikecz Tibor dr. (2004) Szabó Endréné (2004) dr. Szabó Gizella (2004) Földvári Árpád (2005) Kindián Pálné (2005) Kutsera istvánné (2005) Bóné Istvánné (2005) Csorba Györgyné (2006) Dr. Kovács Árpád (2006) United Child Welfare Service, Temporary Home of Families (working community) (2006) Vágó Károlyné (2006)
Dohonyi Béláné (2007) Stumpf Józsefné (2007) Dr. Károly Irén (2007) Molnár István (2007) Streck Erzsébet (2008) Fekecs Istvánné (2008) Batta György (2008) dr. Kreizinger Béla (1996, 2008 )
Kovács Krisztina (2010) Kucsera Istvánné (2010) Marton Attiláné (2010) Veres Erika (2010)
Lojekné Iliás Krisztina (2011) Feil Julianna (2012) Őriné Szécsényi Edit (2012) Port Tivadarné (2012) dr. Vörösmarty Éva (2012) Márkus Gábor, president of the Tiszta Forrás Foundation (2014) Gulyás Tibor (2014) Karitász group of the Pestszentimre Roman Catholic Parish Church (2014) Szabina Pharmacy’s working community (2014) Tiszta Forrás Alapítvány (Clean Spring Foundation)(2014), Olasz Anna (2015), Madarassy Judit (2015)
Balogh Szabó Sándorné (1996) Bodor László (1996) Borbély Gáborné (1996) Dufek Jánosné (1996) Horváth Gábor (1996) Karmazsin Jánosné (1996) Siklaki Béláné (1996) Pádár Ilona (1996) Tímár Geng Istvánné (1996) Dohnányi Ernő Zeneiskola Fúvószenekara (1997) Czauner Lajosné (1997) Dénes Istvánné (1997) Frech Ottó (1997) Gönczöl Andrásné (1997) Gyimesi László (1997) Dr. Kováts Tiborné (1997) Urbán István (1997) Dr. Kovács Tiborné (1997) Buna Konstantin (1998) Fischerné Gellért Klára (1998) Gáti Imre (1998) Kulik Sándorné (1998) Madadiné Borbély Mária (1998) Pádár Ferencné (1998) Tasnádi András (1998) Vörös Árpád (1998) Babák Sándorné (1999) Filkóháziné Mustó Mária (1999) Forintos Anna (1999) Dr. Harkas Katalin (1999) Kalmár Sándor (1999) Varga Ferenc (1999) Várkonyi Józsefné (1999) Visky Dénesné (1999) dr. Bognár Anikó (1999) Bakos Istvánné (2000) Frank Gabriella (2000) Dr. Hutter Anna (2000) Káté Gyula (2000) Keresztes Nagy Csabáné (2000) Nyisztor Gyuláné (2000) Sárkányné Csákányi Magdolna (2000) Sánta Ferenc (2000) Uray Péter (2000) Vladár István ( 2000) Novodonszky Pál (2001) Csík Miklós (2001) Hauptmann Józsefné (2001) Kovács Verona (2001) Hoósné Tomasovszky Mária (2001) Fehérné Szatai Judit (2001) Orosz Györgyné (2001) Sobor Sándorné (2001) Szalkay Miklósné (2001) Tihanyi Károlyné (2001) Soltész Melinda (2001) Molnár Mihályné (2002) Árvay Zoltán (2002) Deák Ferencné (2002) Király Elemérné (2002) Juhász Imréné ( 2002) Magyar József (2002) Tóth Ferencné (2002) Somogyi Adolf (2002) The teaching staff of Vörösmarty Music and Language Primary and High School (2002) Lovik Katalin (2003) Vasy Gézáné (2003) Huller Ágoston (2003) Nagy Péterné (2003) Vrankó Mátyásné (2003) Bors Istvánné (2003) Jakobsenné Szentmihályi Rózsa (2003) Marosi Mihályné (2003) Bodor Szabolcsné dr. (2004) Bókay Árpád Általános Iskola (2004) Dömötör Zsuzsanna (2004) Eitz Nándorné (2004) Huzik Imréné (2004) Németh Vilmosné (2004) Radó Gabriella (2004) Sági Katalin Anikó (2004) Simonitsné Fülöp Edit (2004) Okányi Kiss Ferenc (2004) Pászti István (2004) Petőfi Sándor Utcai Óvoda (2004) Tunyogi István (2005) Kiss Marianna(2005) Ódor Katalin (2005) Macsó Lenke (2005) Scharekné Horváth Zita (2005) Komáromi Attila (2005) Zoltán Ernő (2005) Király Józsefné (2006) Tóth Lászlóné (2006) Győző Miklósné (2007) Mezeiné Bakóczay Hedvig (2007) Teaching staff of Pestszentlőrinc-Pestszentimre Adult Highschool and Further Education Center (2007) Keszthelyi Istvánné(2007) Kuba Gábor (2007) Gál Dezső (2007) Dr. Almási Jánosné (2008) Császár Katalin (2008) The school board of the German Nationality Primary Scool of Pestszentlőrinc (2008) Pesti Imre (2008) Rakó Éva (2008) Dr. Tasnádi József (2008) Asztagos Klára (2009) Császár Lászlóné (2009) Ladányi Zoltánné (2009) Community of the Department of Education and Collection of Local History (2009) Spaller Árpád (2009) Török Ibolya (2009) Teching staffof Ady Endre Primary School (2010) Employees’ Community of Kondor Béla Community Center (2010) Tury Mihály, Tury Mihályné (2010)
Kunetz Lászlóné (2010) Patakfalvy Attiláné (2010) Vad Sándorné (2010)
Kondor Béla Általános Iskola Nevelőtestülete (2011)
Kovács Sándor (2011) Dinya Incéné (2011) Babák Sándorné (2012) Dobó Kálmánné (2012) dr. Grünvald Mária (2012) Rákosiné Fodor Júlia (2012) Suhajda Oszkárné (2012) Takács Katalin (2012)
Keresztes Nagy Csaba (2014) Peitliné Hlavaj Éva (2014) Perge Zsoltné (2014), Ágoston Papp Mónika (2015), Turi András (2015), Vida Béla (2015)
Mezősi Lajos (2005) Bóna Zoltán (2005) Repei József, Repei Józsefné (2006) Ruttkai Éva Színház társulata Géczy Dorottya művésznő (2006) Péteri György (2007) Valkó László (2008) Dr. Kubassek János (2009) Dr. Bognár Anikó (2010) Janovszki Gabriella (2010) Vu Quy Duong (2010)
Antal Ákos (2012) Kurdi János (2014), Szilágyi Olga Beatrix (2015)
Horváth Gábor (2001) Balogh Gábor (2001) Papp József (2001) Fazekas László (2002) Németh Ferenc (2002) Fekete Nóra (2003) Iváncsics Géza (2003) Harsányi Gergely (2003) Roik Zsolt (2003) Szávai Csaba (2005) Ivanics László (2005) Miklósné Malek Erzsébet (2006) Cservári Ferenc (2006) Kiss István (2007) Mátis Zsuzsanna (2007) Székely Edit (2008) Juhász József (2008) Mercz Ferenc (2009) Zsíros Tibor (2009) Klinda Dénes (2010) Marosi Ádám (2010) Tasnádi András (2010)
Hutvágner István (2011) Gyimesy László (2011) Ádám Mónika (2012) Börcsökné Váci Piroska (2012) Varga István (2014) Vladár Istvánné (2014), Béres Zoltán Attila (2015), Dudás Miklós (2015)
Dvorácskó Balázs (2002) Gombás András (2002) Jackel Györgyné (2002) XVIII. kerületi Nyugdíjas Érdekvédelmi Egyesület (2002) Rostás Józsefné (2002) Szemeretelepi Baráti Kör (2002) Szigeti Ferenc (2002) Bárdy Tibor (2003) Boross Ilona dr. (2003) Horváth István (2003) Konkoly Thege Edit dr. (2003) Kőfalvi Pálné (2003) Szöllősi Éva (2003) Szűcs István (2003) Erdei Tamás (2004) P. Tóth Erzsébet (2006) Rafai János (2006) Nagy Jánosné (2006) dr. Kalmár Tibor (2007) Harmati Istvánné (2008) Horváth Lászlóné (2008) Jónás Róbertné (2008) Dr. Béres László (2008) Kasib kft. (2010) László Dániel (2010) Nők a XVIII. kerületért – NATIK Alapítvány: Fésűs Józsefné, Piroska Éva, Székely Jánosné, dr. Lőrinci Sándorné, dr. Mézes Gábor, dr. Kovács Rita, Bendes Győző, Demeter János,
Baracsi Judit (2010) Nánási Sándor (2012)
dr. Téglás Tivadar – dr. Téglás Tivadarné – Tekes Sándorné – Kiss László – Vitéz József
Árvay Zoltán – Bókay Árpád Általános Iskola – Bujdosó István – Dohnányi Ernő Music Scool – Dr. Feitl István – Hunyadi Mátyás Gimnázium – Kondor Béla Közösségi Ház – Polish Minority Municipality– Pestszentimrei Community Center – Dr. Széky Endre Pestszentimre History Society
Bárdy Tibor – Bodnár János – Csepregi Éva – Cserhalmi Imre – Dezse Lajos – Dr. Árky Nándor – Dr. Berényi Mihály – Dr. Bognár Zoltán – Dr. Buzási György – Dr. Házmán István – Dr. Horváth Miklós – Dr. Hubay Róbert – Dr. Koltay József – Dr. Kubassek János – Dr. Lendvay L. Ferenc – Dr. Lomnici Zoltán – Dr. Mester László – Dr. Schiefner György – Dr. Schiefner Kálmán – Dr. Szigeti Jenő – Dr. Téglás Tivadar – Hajtó Béla – Hámori Tibor – Jellinek József – Kulin Csaba – Prof. Dr. Árky István
Tóth Sándor – Zoltán Ernő
Kiss András opera singer (2014)
Farkas Ferencné member of NYÉVE Presidency (2014) Kőfalvi Pál NYÉVE elnök (2014) XVIII. Kerületi Pedagógiai Intézet munkatársai (2014) Sárkányné Csákány Magdolna (2014) Sinkovicsné Pirigyi Katalin (2014) Dr. Téglás Tivadar (2014) Sztarek László (2014) Working community of Pitypang Kindergarten (2014)
The XVIII. district of Budapest consists of two main settlements, namely Pestszentlőrinc and Pestszentimre. The ratio of the 100.000 permanent inhabitants is 79-21%.
The district is primarily a residential area on the outskirt of Budapest with mainly low-level number private houses, several intensively built-up housing estates and some important industrial establishments. The residential feature is the direct result of the summer resort function from the last century.
The district gives place to the National Airport and some institutions of national importance: National Meteorological Service Prediction Center, Central Atmospheric Institute.
The XVIII. district is situated between the north latitude 47o24’ and 47o28’ and the east longitude 19o49’ and 19o56’. Its largest expansion is 8km in the north-south as well as the east-north direction. It covers 38,61 km2 (of which the periphery covers 6,42km2 and the central area does 32,19km2)
The prevailing temperature and precipitation conditions are typical for the continental climate of the temperate zone.
The average temperature is around 11o, the yearly precipitation varies between 400-600mm. The east-southeast wind is more characteristic for the microclimate of the district unlike the prevailing north-western wind in the country.
The XVIII. district of Budapest lies on the left bank of the River Danube, is part of the lowlands of Pest, although it’s not entirely flat. Its surface ascends eastward. The highest point of the district is where the X., XVII. and XVIII. districts meet in 145m height above sea level, which doesn’t reach the height of Várhegy. The altitude of Gilice square is 138m. The lowest points are at the intersection of Nagykörösi road and Méta street in 115m height.
Due to river deposits of the primeval Danube-bed, very rich gravel sources can be found in the district and to exploit them many gravel-pits were established in the last century: at the cemetery of Lőrinc, in Sashegy next to Péterhalmi road and the Ganz suburban area bordering on Vecsés. Gravel explotation ceased to exist these days. Pannon clay is also available here, in some parts in significant thickness. Two brickyards were operated for a long time to exploit them. The prevailing soil is the sand drift in the area of Pestszentimre.
The surface waters mainly flow into the branch 7 of Gyáli brook. The former Sósmocsár (Salty marshland) ditch was built into drainage ditch to the Ipacsfa street on the track of Lakatos road, Tivadar Margó street, Baross street, Kolozsvári street, from here it goes on in an open ditch along Közdülő street, through Pesterzsébet, towards the Danube. The marshy Büdös tó (Smelly lake) of Nefelejcs street doesn’t have any flowing. The other marshland is situated along Méta street. The surface is not even, there are dents, cavities and basins due to terrain conditions. These deep areas that can’t flow away cause a lot of problems in terms of canalage. In the place of the brickyard operating between 1911 and 1930, in the hole of the claypit, a small lake developed which today functions as a fishing lake.
Under the administration of the Park Forestry of Pilis there are 420 hectares that focus on four territories: The majority of trees are acacia, the minority are planted pine trees. The ratio of the Turkey oak and French oak, which are more suitable for vacation, is relatively small.
Protected plants: the alley of Üllői road and the old trees of the cemetery in Lőrinc.
Valuable tree stocks: the alleys, gardens of the former “clerk-estates”, Kossuth square, the public parks of the residential estates, the former Pioneer park and the area of Strandfürdő (Plage)
The XVIII. district of Budapest - Pestszentlőrinc and Pestszentimre – was established in 1950 by the unification of two formerly independent settlements. Nowadays approximately 100.000 inhabitants live in the two bigger city quarters’s 22 different residential area. The ratio of the residents: 79% lives in Pestszentlőrinc and 21% in Pestszentimre. Péterhalmi-erdő is situated between the two city quarters.
The district is considered to be a residential area on the outskirt of Budapest with private houses generally having only a few storeys, several intensively built-up housing estates and some important industrial establishments.
The names of the residential quarters are the following: Erzsébet Estate, Béla Estate, Rendessy Estate, Lakatos Estate , Lónyay Estate, Miklós Estate, Szemere Estate, Ganz Estate, Ganz Garden District, Szent Imre Garden District, Bókay Estate, Lipták Estate, Havanna housing estate, Szent Lőrinc Estate, Gloriett-Estate, Alacskai úti housing estate, Almás Garden, Inner Grange, New Péteri Estate, Kossuth Ferenc Estate, Erdős Garden.
Several nurseries, 28 kindergartens, 21 primary schools, 2 independent arts schools, 6 high schools are present in Pestszentlőrinc and Pestszentimre. 2 sport halls, 1 sport center, several swimming-pools, sport and tennis courts, cycling tracks and dry ski-slopes in Bókay-kert and 19 sport clubs welcome sport-loving citizens. Many cultural centers, 3 public libraries, a creative arts center, a museum, theater and dance companies as well as more than 140 civil organizations provide different programs for anyone interested.
The Marczell György Main Observatory of the National Meteorological Institute and the biggest international airport in the country, which was renamed to Liszt Ferenc Airport in 2011, are also operating in the area.
The territory of Pestszentlőrinc and Pestszentimre was already inhabited during the Hungarian Conquest, the earliest written documents available can be found in certificates of the XIVthcentury.
During Turkish Age the era became completely deserted.
The history of the present settlement dates back to the 18th century, when Szent Lőrinc and Péteri puszta (Péteri Plain) got in the possession of Antal Grassalkovich I., thus being part of the several thousand-acre property with Gödöllő as the center.
A manor center was established in Szentlőrinc Puszta (Saint Laurence Plain). Out of the building complex only the Szent Lőrinc (Grassalkovich) chapel remained to us, which was built around 1761 and it is the only national monument of our district.
From 1799 it was Ferenc Xavér, the honored citizen of Pest and Buda and friend of the Earl István Széchenyi, who rented and revived the area. He developed the manor to a model farm and created a grape collection at Ferihegy bearing his name, which was at the place where the international airport operates today.
In 1841 after the defeat of Napoleon the guests of the great-power conference which took place in Vienna, visited Pest-Buda. To honor the occasion, a parade was organized at the Szentlőrinc Plain. The Prussian, the Russian and the Habsburg Monarch observed the event from the belvedere (Gloriette) set up in today’s Gilice Square . Although the belvedere itself was destroyed during the World War II., but the neighboring area still bears its name.
In the second part of the 19th century an intensive development was supported by the closeness of the capital and the four railway lines. Back then, the plains belonged to many freeholders already and the parcelling of building sites could begin. In the center of today’s settlement, along Gyöngyvirág street, an elegant holiday resort place was established in the 1870s. The estates were bought by members of the political and scientific elite as weekend cottages. Prime Minister Earl Menyhért Lónyay achieved the establishment of a railway station under the name of “Puszta Szent Lőrinc Nyaraló” (Plain Szent Lőrinc Holiday Resort) on the Cegléd-Szolnok railway line in 1875, which made the new settlement easily accessible. Among the property owners were also Baron Loránd Eötvös politician-physicist, who started his famous outdoor torsion balance experiments in the garden of his mansion; Tivadar Puskás, the inventor of the telephone operation system; Tivadar Margó, the researcher-biologist of genetics and Sári Fedák, the famous actress.
Due to the local conditions, several industrial facilities appeared in the area. From the 1870s brick-yards, gravel-pits, then some textile mills, factories producing barrels, gig-lamps, railway carriages and metals came into life and between the two world wars plants assembling vehicle bodies then during the second world war airplane bodies were established: Lipták-plant, Kistext, Filtex, the Hungarian subsidiary of the European-famed Orenstein and Koppel Ltd. etc..
Lajos Cséry, who owned a 2600-acre estate in Szent Lőrinc Plain, signed a contract with the capital for transporting garbage. Alongside Nagykörösi Road he set up a garbage processing plant where the rubbish was selected, assorted and graded; he patented a composting process that enabled the plant to produce organic manure by adding additives to the rotten and mouldy rubbish. After going bankrupt the area went under the operation of the capital city. The processing plant was put to an end and the rubbish was brought and left in the neighboring area of Pestszentimre for decades. This several million m3 waste piled up and it was in 1,5 kmlength, 100-800 m in width and 20-25 m in height and its cultivation has remained a current task and challenge to solve.
Szentlőrinc was developing intensively already in the first years of the 20th century. The light railway line running on Üllői road and which was suitable for both passenger and freight transport as well was electrified in 1900. Miklós Szemere, member of Parliament and stable owner bought a part of the late Szent Lőrinc Plain property and the manor center in 1902. Krúdy’s hero, a big fan of the sport set up a “shooting gallery” and shooting track on his land. Today the “shooting gallery” functions as a pastry shop of high standards after having gone through a complete renovation. Schools, kindergartens, a chapel and a cemetery as well were established. In 1910 Pestszentlőrinc became an independent large community with already with 7824 registered inhabitants.
At the turn of the century the parcelling of building estates started in the neighboring Péteri Plain with mostly poor families moving here. The settlement belonging to Soroksár bore the name Soroksárpéteri from 1904.
During the first world war the plants and factories of Pestszentlőrinc switched over to munition production. In Lipták-plant a pioneering research and development work was going on and many photos can prove the experiments on combat cars and military helicopters taking place there.
After the end of the first world war the deserted buildings once belonging to the Hungarian Munition Factory were transformed into flats by the Ministry of Public Welfare for the refugees coming from the lost territories and even new blocks of flats were built. This closed area with tenement buildings was the State-estate which significantly increased the population of Lőrinc.
The intensive development of the two settlements continued between the two world wars. In Pestszentlőrinc four school buildings were completed in 1927. Many new residential and suburban quarters, Catholic, Evangelical, Calvinist and Unitarian churches were built. In 1936 the settlement became a county city and in the 1940s it had 35000 registered inhabitants. A grammar school was established, the market hall was built and the construction of the city center and the airport could begin too.
In January of 1930 Soroksárpéteri became an independent civil community and a year later, in 1931 it was christened to Pestszentimre. Several public buildings and cinemas were built as well.
Due to the World War II. the development stagnated fo a while. In the end of 1944 the whole population of Pestszentimre and a smaller part of Pestszentlőrinc were evacuated. The largest destruction was caused by the air-raids and the battles of the passing frontlines. Both churches in Pestszentimre were blown up.
Following its reconstruction 1950 following the reconstruction, Pestszentlőrinc and Pestszentimre were attached to the capital as theXVIII. district of Budapest. As part of the capital a significant development could begin. The restored Ferihegy Airport has been of service to the civil flight since 1950. The park and shelter-woods plantation began. Besides Hengermű (Rolling-mill) and Petrochemical Company, Lőrinci Fonó (Spinning-mill) started production again and in the 1960s became the national center of the Hungarian Cotton-mill Company. Beyond industrial facilities and public institutions, housing estates were also built. The building of the Lakatos and Szentlőrinc council estates – formerly known as KISZ – eased the housing problems of the 60s. In the 70s the closed down brick-yard gave place to a new multi-storey health care unit, a sport hall and a library. On the location of the state plant Havanna-estate with 10-floor blocks of flats was established and unlike the habits of that era the houses were completed at the same time with the welfare institutions (nursery schools, kindergartens, schools, shopping facilities etc). The Post Office and the new Town Hall were built on Üllői road. In the end of the 80s the construction of two new residential quarters of high standards began but they were not completely finished due to some proprietary legal problems during the change of regime. These days Their situation is getting sorted out nowdays.
In the beginning of the 1990s the troops finally left the two, originally Hungarian (from 1956 Soviet) barracks. Over the last two decades the majority of the factories and industrial facilities ceased to exist, on their places new residential quarters are being built.
The plans of the local municipality contain the establishment of the new city center both in Pestszentlőrinc and Pestszentimre. As a result, we can see the new market hall meeting the European Union standards and the flats under construction in its surroundings. The new Major’s Office and health care unit will be forming a part of the city center of Pestszentimre.
Sources: Zsuzsa Heilauf – Pedagogical Institute and Collection of Local History of the XVIIIth district of Budapest
Tusnádfürdő - 1997
Tusnádfürdő, in Székelyföld – Hargita county, is the oldest twin city of the district. The relationship between the two cities in the field of economy, religion, education, sport and tourism has been flourishing since 1997. The beautiful environment of the settlement, famous for its healing water and health resort, offers a lot of relaxation options too.
Dabrowa Tarnowska - 2000
We have had a colourful relationship with our Polish twin city, Dabrowa Tarnowska District Government since september 2000. Besides exchange of experience of the healthcare, educational and social institutions the area gives a lot of possibilities for relaxation as well. As a gift from the local authority a plaque commemorating József Bem was inaugurated on 13 september 2003 in Bem street 2 of our district. It’s an important relic as well as a pilgrimage destination for the Polish living in Hungary.
Nin is the oldest Croatian royal city with a population of only 1500, situated on a small island in the middle of a shallow lagoon in Zadar county. The sandy beach with its gentle slopes is not only perfect for bathing but the medical mud and salt production are among its treasures too. Apart from the beautiful and amazing beach this settlement is rich in historical memorials as well. In 1105 Nin became the part of the Hungarian Kingdom and was declared free royal city by King Andrew II.
Artashat - 2003
The history of the Republic of Armenia is less known for the Hungarian people, although it was here for the first time that christianity became state religion. Artashat, the oldest city of the country, which was once the capital of the Armenian Kingdom is situated 30km south-eastward from Jerevan.
Neszebar - 2004
The Bulgarian Neszebar on the coast of the Black Sea was a prosperous and thriving settlement in the ancient times. The breathtakingly beautiful old town, situated in a peninsula, was enlisted as world heritage site by UNESCO in 1983. Napospart (Sunny Beach), one of the most amazing resort, can also be found here.
San Nicola la Strada - 2005
The south-Italian town San Nicola la Strada is situated in the Terra Lavoro lowlands, a couple of kilometers from the county center Caserta, famous for its silk industry, and 20km from Napoli. The settlement started to develop intensively after the second world war. The temporary head of state signed a declaration on the city’s right to self-management and self-government and in public administration it was attached to Caserto in the royal decree of 1928.
Roding - 2006
The city of Roding is a real gem of the Bavarian forest and is situated in Cham county alongside river Regen. In the framework of twin city partnerships, besides exchange of experience between civil organizations and institutions, one of the most prioritized tasks is to support the German education in Hungary and our institutions are given a lot of help by their partner institutions.
Obzor - 2009
Obzor city is situated in the middle between Várna and Burgasz in its picturesque environment. Obzor is a developing, rather quiet resort place that attracts more and more tourist every year. The streching sandy beach and the beautiful green area provide a relaxing vacation during the whole summer. The two cities cultivate their relationship mainly in the field of culture, art groups attend each other’s cultural festivals.
Körösfő - 2012
Körösfő belongs to Kalotaszeg and is situated in the western part of Kolozs county where - just like in Székelyföld – the majority of the population is Hungarian-speaking. The local community inaugurated the Vasvári Memorial Building in 2003 in commemoration of Pál Vasvári, the young revolutionist and freedom fighter, who was killed in action with his comrades in the Gyulai mountains on 6 july 1849. The main objective of the partner relationship is to get to know each other by meeting regularly and to exchange and use experience and cultural values. Furthermore, it’s a priority also to give opportunities to exchange information and to establish economic connections.
Szepsi - 2014
Szepsi is a town streching along the two banks of Bódva brook, south-westward from Kassa. We have been in connection with the active Hungarian community since 2014 with our churches and their schools participating significant roles. One of the best wine-growing region of Felvidék (Upper Land) is still proud of its famous past.
Técső - 2016
Técső is one of the most ancient settlement of Transcarpathia spreading directly along the Ukranian-Romanian border. The settlement receiving the town rank in 1961 is situated 30km from Huszt on the right bank of the Tisza river, has a population of around 13000, among them 3000 consider themselves Hungarian.